Idle Buddy can expose you to several other viruses, besides stealing your information and damaging your computer hardware. We advise our readers to not waste time in removing the Idle Buddy Virus from their machines. You can follow the guide below to remove this virus.
1. Install the Total AV Antivirus
When it comes to detecting advanced Trojan viruses, TotalAV software is one of the best antivirus solutions out there. So, installing it is necessary for removing the Idle Buddy Virus from your computer.
First of all, open your web browser, type “TotalAV download” in the address bar, and hit Enter. After that, click on TotalAV’s official website in the search results. Download the free version of the application clicking on “Download Now.”
Select the “Install” button on the resulting window and choose ‘Yes’ when the operating system asks for your permission. After that, wait until the installation process completes.
After you have installed the antivirus successfully, you need to restart the computer in Safe Mode. Running the computer in Safe Mode allows the computer to run on minimal resources. This makes it easier for users to remove all existing problems without interruption.
Safe Mode prevents start-up programs; corrupt hardware drivers; and malware programs and facilitates malware removal. The following method instructs how you can restart your device in Safe Mode in Windows 10:
- Open the run command interface by pressing “Windows Key + R” simultaneously. After that, type “msconfig” to open settings.
- Once the system configuration opens, click on the Boot option available in the top section of the window.
- After that, select the checkbox beside the label “Safe Boot,” click on “Apply” and select OK.
- Once you select the Safe Boot option, a System Configuration window will pop up to ask permission for restarting the device. Choose “Restart” and wait until the computer turns back on.
After the system reboots successfully, simply press short cut keys “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” simultaneously. This will open the taskbar where you can see which programs are
- putting a strain on your system memory. As a result, you will identify all programs that are causing your system to lag.
- Just click on the Detailstab if you are using Windows 8 or 10 or the Processes tab if you’re using Windows 7. Since a suspicious application might be running multiple processes in the background; it’s important to shut down each task. Select individual processes and then press End Process.
After cleaning your taskbar of resource-intensive tasks, it’s time to open TotalAV to eliminate all viruses present on your computer. After the antivirus opens, choose the “Antivirus” on the left panel of the TotalAV window. Then search for the “System Scan”; select it and click on the System Scan icon. This will start a system scan for virus detection in your computer.
Understandably, the application will take some time since it has to detect every threat in your operating system. You can wait while the antivirus detects and removes all vulnerabilities in your operating system.
After the scan is completed, all viruses will be removed from your computer. However, sneaky Trojan viruses like Idle Buddy Virus can survive and end up in the “Quarantine” section. Remove the virus by selecting the white checkbox on top of all other checkboxes and select the “Delete” option to remove all remaining malware files.